Log In

Log In

Forgot Your Password?

Cart Subtotal: $0.00

Library & Archives.

The Sharlot Hall Museum Library & Archives is a full-service Research Center.  The Center provides a variety of resources and archival materials for patrons’ and researchers’ use as they investigate, examine and study the various topics concerning Prescott, the surrounding communities, Yavapai County and the Arizona Central Highlands area.


Margaret Maxwell Papers

Margaret Maxwell is a librarian, professor and writer.  She has made a significant effort to document and acquaint others with the people and incidents that influenced Arizona's history.  This collection consists of research materials gathered by Margaret Maxwell on Sharlot M. Hall, including correspondence, copies of photos, newspaper and magazine articles, book excerpts, poems and prose and Maxwell’s research notes.  Also included are draft manuscripts of The Life of Sharlot Hall and an unpublished manuscript titled The Life of Mulford Winsor.

Hell Canyon Bridge & Train Trestle

This photo is a Bate Brother's Studio photograph of both the auto bridge and train trestle crossing Hell Canyon near Drake, Arizona. Thomas and Claude Bate were Arizona photographers that traveled across Central and Northern Arizona capturing a variety of subjects and scenes. They had studios based in Phoenix and Prescott so they could photograph the many mines and mining operations that were in the area for the owners and people back East.

"The Horribles" c.1891

The Horribles was a group of well-to-do Prescott businessmen dressed in "fantastic" costumes, inspired by the New Orleans Mardi Gras parades.  This group would construct a Car of State, play horrible music, present impressive orations and poetry - all the while parading around the Courthouse Plaza to the delight and amusement of the local citizenry.  Starting in 1881, The Horribles made their parade debut and were an instance success.  According to the Journal-Miner newspaper this parade quickly eclipsed all others.

Locomotive at Point of Rocks

This locomotive is on the Santa Fe, Prescott & Phoenix Railway at Point of Rocks in the Granite Dells area (c. 1896).  This railway, also called the “Peavine,” moved people and supplies from  Ash Fork to Prescott and connections to other lines, such as the Prescott & Eastern, which serviced the many businesses and mines in the Bradshaw Mountains.  The Peavine was abandoned in 1992, and today is a excellent urban trail or recreational path, especially through the beautiful Granite Dells of Prescott.



Physical Location:

115 S. McCormick St.
Prescott, Arizona 86303


Mailing Address:

Sharlot Hall Museum
Library & Archives
415 W. Gurley St.
Prescott, AZ 86314


Phone Number: 

Library & Archives Reference Desk





Mission Area:                    

Library & Archives Hours:

Wednesdays - Fridays, 12Noon - 4PM
Saturdays - 10AM - 2PM