Log In

Log In

Forgot Your Password?

Cart Subtotal: $0.00

Tree on Orchard Ranch

Availability: In stock

Quick Overview

Tree on hill above Orchard Ranch.
Click main image to zoom & pan

* Required Fields

Details

Creator: Unknown photographer
File Name: PB133f13i7.jpg
Location: MS-12 - Box 19 - Folder 5
Medium: B&W
New Call Number: 1928-0001-0169
Old Call Number: PB-133f13i7
Original Format: Print
Photo Collection: Sharlot M. Hall
Rights: Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives
Size: 3.5X5

Additional Info

Old Call Number PB-133f13i7
New Call Number 1928-0001-0169
Photo Collection Sharlot M. Hall
Location MS-12 - Box 19 - Folder 5
Creator Unknown photographer
Distributor No
Photo Date No
Medium B&W
Original Format Print
Size 3.5X5
File Name PB133f13i7.jpg
Rights Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives
Staff Notes No
Description Tree on hill above Orchard Ranch. Orchard Ranch was built in 1890 on land at the lower end of Lynx Creek valley by James Hall. It was built in the shape of a T with a crossbar running east and west and included two porches, a well and a tank. It faced the highway between Camp Verde and Prescott. From 1890-1895, apple, pear and peach trees were planted, and 120 head of cattle were raised by the Hall family. After the death of James Hall, the ranchhouse and 320 acres were sold in 1929 to Edward G. Applegate. In the following years, it was neglected, and became run down. It was rented occasionally until it was declared unfit for habitation and razed around 1966.